We see today that the youth of the nation is getting completely misled by unwanted elements of the society and thus we find them taking to unfair means such as indulging in immoral activities like intoxication, womanizing, illicit relationships, drug addiction and gambling. This leads to frustration, lack of concentration, thefts, and riots and even to acts such as suicide.
Thus in order to help the children / Youth of the Nation in terms of understanding the Indian Culture , Values , Morals and most importantly to understand the aim and purpose of life, last year we launched RajaVidya -the king of all knowledge Quiz contest.
The purpose of this competition is to
1. Help students understand the Indian Culture and Heritage
2. Help students to learn Sanskrit – the mother of all Indian languages.
3. Introduce the great Indian Literature Bhagavad-Gita to the school Children.
4. Help children develop moral values and understand the aim and purpose of life based on the teaching of Bhagavad – Gita and thus lead a clean, pure and peaceful life.
Last year, 3137 students from 30 schools enrolled. This year we have planned to enroll over 10000 (ten
thousand) children/students from all over West Bengal with several Prizes and Scholarships.
Raja Vidya Quiz contest 2015-16 details
Exam Type : Objective type multiple choice questions (MCQs) Written exam/online exam
Course material : “Bhagavad-Gita As It Is’ by Swami Prabhupada
Syllabus : Translations & Purport of 2nd & 3rd chapters of Bhagavad-Gita for both the two rounds of exam
Eligibility Criteria : Students from 5th standard & above.
Medium of Exam : English/Bengali
Date of Screening Exam : December-April ( As per the convenience of school/ college authority)
Screening Exam Center : Respective Schools/colleges
Date of Final Exam(Inter School) : Will be notified to school/college authority.
Registration Starts on : September 2015
Participation Fees : Rs. 100 per candidate
Course Material : Will be provided free of charge after registering (Book and question bank)
Marking scheme : Four marks for every correct Answer Minus one for every wrong answer, Zero Marks for every unanswered Question
Pass Percentage : 40%
Certificates to : All Passed Candidates with Grades (Printing of Grades at the sole discretion of the Organizers)
Answer Sheet : Optically Marked OMR Sheet.
Prizes(based on final examination) :
Category 1 (Std 5 to 7) – First prize Rs 10000
-Second prize Rs 5000
– Third prize Rs 2500
Category 2 (Std 8 onwards) – First prizes Rs 25000
– Second prize Rs 10000
– Third prize Rs 5000
Consolation Prizes for first 50 students from each of above categories
based on final examination.
School with highest participation – Rs 10000
Rules of the Competition
1. On payment of Rs. 100/- towards the participation fees, the candidate will be given an enrolment form,
in their respective schools; the form also includes the Hall Ticket.
2. The candidate must return the enrolment form, completely filled in, in all respect within seven days to
the school authorities. Identify card passport sized colored photograph, must be pasted in the two places
shown in the form, which shall be duly attested, by the school authorities. Incompletely filled form shall
3. The Form number (which shall be unique), is by default the Examination Number of the candidate.
4. The school of the student is by default the examination center.
5. Six students from each school will be selected (three from each given category) for the final examination
from first round of exam.
6. Candidates found in possession of any material, which the organizer feels as objectionable, will be
treated as a case of mal-practice. His candidature stands immediately cancelled and such candidates
shall be debarred from the examination. No fees shall be refunded in such case. The decision of the
organizers shall be the final and shall be abiding to one and all.
7. The organizers come up with question Bank, as reference material for the examination. This can be
purchased by payment of additional charges apart from the enrolment fees. However, Please note that
this is just a reference material and It is not mandatory that all the questions may appear from this
8. The venue for the prizes distribution ceremony shall by decided at the sole discretion of the organizers,
as per their convenience.
9. All the scholarships/prizes mentioned above are under certain assumptions, based on final exam,the
details of which are available with the organizers.
10. The candidates are instructed to keep the Hall Ticket till the point of prize/scholarship distribution. The
scholarships shall be distributed only against the Hall Tickets. Please note that, even if the student
qualifies for the scholarship, no scholarship shall be distributed without the production of a valid Hall-
11. In all cases and for all decisions, the decision of the organizer shall be final and shall be abiding to all the
12. In case of a tie between one or more students, the final rankings shall be decided on the number of
correct answers, number of incorrect answers, number of correct answers from chapter 2 & 3 of the
Bhagavad-Gita in this order.